Our clients benefit from your experience, which powers our firm to relentlessly pursue the creation of lasting public value and social impact in some of the world’s toughest situations.
We are constantly looking for some of the finest international development and management consulting minds to join our professional network.
Importantly, however, we do not advertise new consultancies online. We instead draw from our curated panels of vetted and proven experts. We have only three expert practice-led panels and a panel to cultivate the next generation of expert consultants:
- AIDCAP – Aid Effectiveness & National Development Planning
- GOVCAP – Public Sector Governance, Reform and Institutional Strengthening
- ORGCAP– Organizational strategy, design and development
- NEXCAP – Up and coming, next generation consultants looking for experience
Typically we are looking for a very particular type of expert:
- Professional career advisor (not someone working between staff jobs)
- Deep technical expertise in one or more practice areas in international development, but also broad working knowledge of the institutional, social and political dynamics of government and aid.
- Over 10 years of relevant HQ or field experience with a focus on advising, mentoring and coaching senior public sector leaders; capacity development program design and management; programme reviews, managing results and M&E.
- Clear regional specialisation in UN HQ duty stations, East Africa, North Africa, Middle East or South Asia
- Ideally a Masters in a related discipline from a leading university; such as Management/Business Administration, International Relations, Development Studies, Public Administration or another relevant discipline. However, we also accept deep practical knowledge and experience instead of a university degree especially in the fields, for example, of new cutting edge technologies or tolerance for harsh environments.
We also look for professionals with very high standards in personal presentation and communication.
- Verbal and written fluency in English is essential
- Verbal and written communication skills in either French, Arabic, Swahili, Somali or another regional language is highly desirable. Ideally, you will be able to successfully work day-to-day in this language if required
- High-level of comfort with working in a commercial project-based consulting setting is highly desirable. Must also be able to operate successfully within a dynamic work environment, with high levels of ambiguity, under constant change
- You must have experience in achieving high levels of client satisfaction with the full range of internal and external “clients” for your engagements
- Ability to work alone or integrate into small expert teams, excellent interpersonal skills and client focus
- You are a client-oriented professional with the capacity to anticipate all client needs and have the ability to create lasting change in a political and dynamic work environment. You are able to grasp that our engagements have many external and internal clients to satisfy
- Exhibits a preference and high level of comfort with virtual working practices, technology and management. A successful consultant must be able to successfully navigate the virtual environment and actively seek out information that is critical to both personal and team success
- Excellent visual and graphic communications skills are essential to your success. You are expected to be able to distil vast amounts of data and information into clear and concise advice for busy public sector leaders
- Your peers should consider you a natural leader, charismatic and with a good sense of humour and self-awareness
- Track record of continuous learning and improvement
- Expert command of office technology including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and GSuite products is essential to your success
- Strong sense of adventure demonstrated by a willingness to travel to and work in challenging environments that are commonly found in fragile and conflict-affected environments.
If you are an expert in one or more of these areas and your keen to pursue a career in consulting, we’d love to connect and start looking at how we can work more closely together.
Applying to a roster is straight forward. To start a conversation with us, simply:
- email your CV using the either your own template or an appropriate donor template (e.g. World Bank, Danida, European Commission) to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please do not send a United Nations P11 form), and
- sign up to our newsletter where we will alert you to the next call for experts to join our panel. Apply by following the instructions on the website.
- If your application is short-listed, you will have a meeting with the Practice Lead responsible for managing the Panel.
- If your meeting goes well, you will be placed on the panel and given the opportunity to bid on consultancies as they come up.